For a successful IoT / M2M deployment, you need to understand how the IoT ecosystem impacts business. The second edition of our eBook will be explained, The Definitive Guide to IoT for Business, will cover not only the basics of IoT and how to get started, but will also show you how to manage and prepare for the booming future of IoT.
Some of the major topics discussed will include:
- The latest connectivity options for the Internet of Things
- How sensor data is scheduled, encoded, and processed
- Essential security and privacy objectives for IoT data
- How to manage and scale IoT projects using analytics
- Strategies for managing 1,000s of connected devices
- Top predictions for upcoming IoT applications
Syed Zaeem Hosain, Aeris
Robin Duke Wolley, Beecham Research
Jeremy Cowan, IoT Now
The NEC, Birmingham, United Kingdom
Aeris is sponsoring and exhibiting at The Manufacturer’s Annual Leaders Conference 2016 at The NEC, Birmingham from November 2 – 3!
This is one of the biggest manufacturing conference in the U.K.! There will be industry led content, networking opportunities and a chance to experience all that is good about UK manufacturing.
Come by our Stand 24/25 to have a conversation and pick up our latest book The Definitive Guide to The Internet of Things for Business. Click here to book a meeting with us at the conference!
Where: Las Vegas, NV
Speaker: Amit Khetawat, Aeris Director of Product Management
Topic: Securing the Internet of Things: Defense-in-Depth
Overview: The Internet of Things creates the possibility for the next economic revolution, but also offers an environment rife with security holes. In order to sustain and reap the benefits of IoT, security must be part of design DNA and not an afterthought. This discussion will take a 360 degree approach to learning how to protect your IoT networks and devices from threats, including:
- Prevent: Implement best practices with authentication, authorization, access Control, site-to-site VPN and a dedicated IP address and APN for enterprise traffic isolation
- Shield: Go beyond best practices by disabling Internet traffic and direct thing-to-thing communication, SMS only via secure APIs, and restrict network access to/from the enterprise via authorized sites/servers
- Detect: Monitor “things” usage to benchmark normal access, and to detect unauthorized access based on sources
- Respond: Contain a breach by quarantining the affected devices and fix via remote device management
Access to the Internet via PC
Amit Khetawat is responsible for the strategy and management of the connectivity services at Aeris. He has more than 20 years of telecommunication industry experience, including as the former director of products at AOptix. Khetawat has a versatile background in the mobile, wireless and telecom products with focus on product strategy, technology innovation and leadership and has held variety of leadership and engineering positions at Kineto Wireless, Cosine Communications, and IBM.
For more information about the event, please visit http://www.iot-west.com.