Office Focused on Building and Supporting Market-Leading IoT Technologies; Accommodates 40 EmployeesCHICAGO, Ill., Dec. 6, 2016 –Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel and 42nd Ward Alderman Brendan Reilly will join Aeris employees today to cut a ceremonial ribbon at the company’s new Chicago office at 435 N. LaSalle Street in River North. Aeris, a pioneer and leader in the Internet of Things (IoT) industry, moved more than 40 employees into a 18,132-square-foot office space in Sept. 2016. The company’s global headquarters is in Santa Clara, California. The Aeris office in Chicago houses portions of the company’s engineering, product management, sales, marketing, operations and customer support, finance and talent acquisition functions, as well an innovation center showcasing the IoT products and services depended on by the company’s customers worldwide. Originally constructed in 1906, historic 435 N. LaSalle Street is a 50,000-square-foot, five-story loft office building that was purchased in 2015 by an investment team including Chicago-based developer Elmdale Partners. The investment team is currently underway on a full redevelopment of the property that coincides with the build-out of Aeris’ offices on the 3rd and 4th floors. Unconnected products to connected services Based on more than a decade of experience managing millions of devices and coupled with more than 50 patents, the Aeris® IoT Solutions platform sets a new bar in terms of cost-efficiency, scalability and reliability. Hundreds of enterprises, original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and service providers rely on Aeris technology every day to enable their mission-critical IoT and machine-to-machine (M2M) programs. The Aeris IoT Solutions platform is delivered as platform-as-a-service (PaaS) out of multiple data centers in the United States, Europe and Asia Pacific regions, providing a complete set of capabilities from connectivity services, data management, analytics, application enablement and vertical platform solutions. CLICK TO TWEET: Aeris (@AerisM2M), @RahmEmanuel, @AldReilly to cut ribbon today on new Aeris #IoT hub in #Chicago #M2M #AerisM2M http://www.aeris.com/news/ Supporting Quotes
- Governor Bruce Rauner, State of Illinois
- Mayor Rahm Emanuel, City of Chicago
- Brendan Reilly, Alderman of 42nd Ward, City of Chicago
- Marc Jones, Chairman and CEO, Aeris
- Journalists, bloggers and industry analysts are invited to attend a ribbon-cutting ceremony at 10:30 a.m. on today, Dec. 6, at the Aeris office, 435 N. LaSalle St., Suite 400, in Chicago.
- Video and photo opportunities are available. 1:1 interviews with Aeris executives may be arranged.
- Contact Kevin Petschow at 312.985.9182 to RSVP and arrange your 1:1 interview.
- Read about Governor Bruce Rauner.
- Read about Mayor Rahm Emanuel.
- Read about Alderman Brendan Reilly.
- Read about Aeris.
- Read about Aeris IoT Solutions Platform.
- Read about Aeris Careers.
- Read about Marc Jones.
- Read and subscribe to Aeris Blog.
- Read Aeris news releases.
- Read about the Internet of Things FAQ.
- For more information about Aeris’ news and activities, follow the company via Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.