Aeris Infinity Support™ Policies
Accounts in good standing have access to the three main categories of support services—Aeris Support Operations, Proactive Problem Notifications, and Aeris Online and Automated Information Systems—for assistance with issues regarding the operation of your devices on the Aeris network or use of the web services, such as AerPort.
Aeris Support Operations
Aeris Support can be reached at any time online at https://aerport.aeris.com, by email to email@example.com, or by telephone during the hours shown in the table below according to your estimation of the severity level. For best service, please provide a description of the devices impacted, time of incident, a description of the conditions at the time of the incident, and your estimation of the severity level.
The support analyst assigned to your case will provide you a determination of severity level and a description of actions underway to investigate and resolve the issue, as well as an estimated time for resolution if one can be determined. In the event that your support analyst is unable to determine the cause of a covered issue, and additional diagnosis requires joint efforts between Aeris, your device provider, and/or your application providers, your support analyst will notify you of this and work with you as you initiate and coordinate a joint investigation into the cause of the issue.
Proactive Problem Notifications
Aeris will provide proactive notification to designated customer contacts of problems whenever we become aware of an issue affecting the Aeris network or the AerPort web portal, generally within 30 minutes of issues of severity level 1 or 2. Updates will be posted on the Aeris status page which is accessible through AerPort.
Aeris Online and Automated Information Systems
All customers have 24x7x365 access to the AerPort web portal, where authorized account users can track device activity and costs, manage devices, set and review alerts, and generate reports. Help using the portal is available through the Aeris knowledge base and by initiating a service request.
Incident Severity Levels
When you make a service request, your support analyst will make an initial determination of the severity level and will communicate this to you. If you disagree with the determination, you may ask your support analyst to consult with you on the appropriate designation.
- Severity Level 1 – All of your connected devices are down or the Aeris network or web services are down, either generally or in multiple markets, or that connectivity between your systems and Aeris has been broken (as determined by Aeris monitoring of the Aeris network).
- Severity Level 2 – There is an impairment of the Aeris network or web services that severely impacts multiple customers or the performance of multiple units, resulting in an individual market being “down” (meaning that no network traffic is being passed between your systems and any of your devices deployed on the Aeris network) or “impaired” (meaning that some of the functionality of Aeris network or web services is either not available or performing below normal levels), there is a complete provisioning failure or device management functionality is impaired.
- Severity Level 3 – There is a minor outage or partial loss of service that either (a) impacts a portion of a service for multiple customers but which is noncritical or that has a minor impact of functionality, or (b) affects only a single customer or small group of End Users in a relatively minor way.
- Severity Level 4 – You have a question about how some part of the Aeris network or web services works, would like information such as a trouble ticket update or upcoming maintenance window information, need help with login, have a suggestion for improvement of the Aeris services, or have other questions not involving an actual impairment of your service.
Onboarding and Commercial Deployment Support
Aeris provides limited support and sales engineering services to new customers on an ad hoc basis in order to assist with onboarding onto the Aeris network. Customers requiring extensive support for larger numbers of devices, enhanced support during the critical period of device deployment, or faster response times or support outside of normal business hours are encouraged to purchase additional support services.
Customers requiring support services outside the scope of Infinity Support may request a fee-based services engagement. Ask your Account Manager for more information or a quote.
Aeris will not be obligated to provide support services under certain circumstances as described below. Issues not covered by Aeris Infinity Support include:
- Issues not related to the Aeris network or to web services or other systems within Aeris’ control.
- Customer failure to implement updates to applications and devices in compliance with the requirements available in AerPort (in the case that implementation of the updates would have avoided the issue).
- Changes the customer makes to device hardware or customer services without following the requirements available in AerPort.
- Customer use of the network or web services other than in the manner specified by Aeris, including failure to use APIs specified by Aeris.
- Issues with any device or customer application not related to the operation of the Aeris network or web services, including any accident, negligence, or misuse of a device.
- Changes or usage of the network outside of the Acceptable Usage Policies on AerPort.
Future Changes to Support Policies
Aeris may update these Support Policies from time to time. No update to the Support Policies will result in a material reduction in the services available to you during the term of your subscription.
|Support Team Hours of Operations
||Severity 1 & 2: 24x7x365
Severity 3 & 4: Monday – Friday
8:00 AM – 6:00 PM CST (US)
8:00 AM – 6:00 PM CET(EU)
|Incident Reporting and Case Management
Severity 1 & 2: 24x7x365
Severity 3 & 4: N/A
Service Level Commitments
|AerPort Uptime Availability
|Automated Acknowledgement of Opened Ticket
|Analyst Initial Response Times
||4 business hours
|Initial Proactive Notification of Severity 1 or 2 Impairment
||30 minutes (Severity Level 1 & 2 only)
|Scheduled Maintenance Notifications
||5 business days in advance