- IoT Solutions
- Aeris Intelligent IoT Network
- New to Aeris
- Emerging Markets
- Aeris Mobility Suite
- Why Aeris?
- Services and Support
- About Us
- News & Press
- Resources Library
- Get Started
3. Participant Conduct
We want to make sure that the Support Community is a safe and respectful place, and require all participants to follow these simple rules:
- Don’t engage in unlawful conduct, such as publishing obscene or defamatory statements or posting unlawful material.
- Don’t be offensive or disruptive. Do treat others in the Support Community as you would expect them to treat you. In particular,
- Don’t engage in personal attacks or any type of “flaming” of other users.
- Don’t “troll,” i.e., make a deliberately offensive or provocative post with the aim of upsetting other users or eliciting a negative or angry response.
- Don’t use offensive language or attempt to embarrass other users or invade their privacy. If you have any doubts about whether a particular post might be considered offensive or disrespectful by other users, don’t make it.
- Don’t try to disrupt the Support Community, such as by making off-topic comments or doing anything that may incite other users to violate these guidelines or participate in illegal activities.
- Don’t try to disrupt online communication, such as by using any type of bots for the use of scrolling, showing multiple screens, or other activities.
- Don’t post any photos, software or other material protected by intellectual property laws unless you own or have rights to these materials and have permission to share them publicly, or that would violate any person’s privacy or publicity rights or any other applicable law. Anything you post will be subject to the use rights in Section 4.
- Don’t help people cause harm to others, such as by posting instructions, software or other materials that would allow anyone to harm other users’ computers or to inappropriately access software or websites.
- Don’t harm anyone, such as by posting any computer programs that contain destructive features, such as viruses, worms or Trojan horses.
- Don’t impersonate any other person in the Support Community, whether other users, any Aeris employees or agents or any company that works with Aeris, or misrepresent the source of anything you contribute.
- Don’t use the Support Community to spam other users, including sending identical and irrelevant submissions to many different discussion groups, mailing lists or communities.
- Don’t attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion of the Aeris Sites (as defined in the Services Terms at www.aeris.com/legal/ or any other accounts, computer systems, or networks connected to the Aeris Sites, whether through hacking, password mining, or any other means.
- Don’t use the Support Community to promote or advertise your business. It is often relevant to provide some information about your own business that might be of interest to other users or that may assist users in responding to your requests, but the Support Community is not a marketing tool.
If you believe any posting made by another user is harmful, offensive, mislabeled or deceptive, please bring it to our attention by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, identifying as specifically as you can the post that was made, the date, why you think it violates our rules and any other information you have. We may remove any post or contribution that violates these guidelines and may also ban from the Support Community a user who has violated these rules of conduct, but we do not undertake any obligation to monitor postings and have no duty to take down or remove any posting except as required by applicable law. See Section 7 below regarding takedown notices for copyrighted material.
4. Contributions, Use and Ownership
We welcome active participation in the Support Community and hope that you will join in the conversation, whether by posting questions, offering suggestions to other users, commenting on the industry generally or Aeris services in particular or making suggestions for new or improved products or services. We also welcome sharing of sample code, scripts, patches, bug fixes or other tools to assist other users in their use of Aeris services or operation of their M2M or IoT devices or applications. We collectively refer to everything you and other users may share as “Contributions”.
We do not claim ownership of any Contributions provided by you or other users, but we and other users will have certain rights to use all of your Contributions. If you do not agree to these uses of your Contributions, do not post them.
- We and other users may incorporate and edit your Contributions into comments, articles, documents, FAQs or knowledge bases to be re-posted to the Support Community or published in any other form.
- We and other users may use any suggestion, comment, code or other Contribution to create or improve any product or service without compensation to you.
- The uploading of Contributions is deemed a grant to us of a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, irrevocable license under all intellectual property rights that you may have in your Contributions, including the right under copyright laws to use, reproduce, prepare derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, sublicense, and distribute such Contributions and derivative works as well as a license under any patent you may have covering such Contributions to make, have made, use, offer to sell, sell, import, export, and otherwise transfer or sublicense such Contributions.
- As the sponsor of the Support Community, we reserve the exclusive right to create and publish compilations or other derivative works of Contributions; any copyright interest in such a compilation or other derivative work would belong to us.
You represent and warrant that you both own (or have all the necessary rights) in the Contributions that you upload to or share with the Community and that you have permission to post such Contributions. You also represent and warrant that, to your actual knowledge, your Contributions do not infringe on the patent, copyright or other intellectual property rights of others.
By uploading Contributions to the Community, you also represent and warrant that you are not uploading viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other malicious, illegal, or unlawful code which is designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any software or hardware. You are liable for any claims for harm or damage caused by your own Contributions.
5. Posts are not Confidential
Postings at the Support Community are visible by members of the general public in addition to Aeris users. You understand that all Contributions are deemed be provided on a non-confidential basis, and that neither Aeris nor any other user or visitor is under any obligation to hold any Contribution in confidence or to refrain from using or publishing such Contribution as permitted in this Support Community Policy. If you do not wish your Contributions to be publicly available, do not post them.
6. No Responsibility for Participant Contributions or Actions
Any Contributions, including any links to other websites, posted by participants in the Support Community are not reviewed by Aeris, and we can’t be responsible for what participants post. You are responsible for any actions you may take based on information or advice you receive through the Support Community. Use your own good judgment when evaluating or using any Contributions of others, including any scripts or code or any links to external sites. The decision to share information or conduct transactions with anyone is your own; therefore conduct your own research prior to making any decisions. All Contributions available for download and/or use are provided on an AS IS and AS AVAILABLE basis, without any warranty of any kind, and you assume all risks associated with the Contributions that you download. Please see the section entitled “Limitation of Liability” in the Services Terms at www.aeris.com/legal/.
7. Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement
Aeris respects the intellectual property rights of others, and we ask members of the Support Community to do the same. If you believe that your copyrighted work has been copied and is accessible on an Aeris site or in the Support Community site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please send a notice to our legal department providing the following information:
- The electronic or physical signature of the owner of the copyright or the person authorized to act on the owner’s behalf;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed and a description of the infringing activity;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located, such as the URL where it is posted;
- Your name, address, telephone number, and email address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Your notice should be sent to email@example.com.
We may modify, suspend or terminate the Support Community or change this Support Community Policy at any time. We also reserve the right to refuse access to the Support Community to anyone for any reason. While we hope that the Support Community will be helpful to you, we won’t be liable to you or anyone else for any claim you may have arising out of your participation in the Support Community, including anything any other person says or gives to you, or out of our modification, suspension, or termination of the Support Community or your access to the Support Community.