- IoT Solutions
- Aeris Intelligent IoT Network
- New to Aeris
- Emerging Markets
- Aeris Mobility Suite
- Why Aeris?
- Services and Support
- About Us
- News & Press
- Resources Library
- Get Started
Aeris Cloud Connect frees users from costly VPNs by providing direct data transfer
SAN JOSE, CA – November 12, 2020 – Secure, reliable transfer of data from IoT devices to a cloud environment is an escalating problem as businesses continue to scale complex IoT solutions. To provide a simple, economical and effective solution, Aeris, an IoT technology leader, today introduced Aeris Cloud Connect, which provides a direct, private connection between the Aeris Fusion IoT Network and each customer’s AWS cloud instance.
Cloud Connect uses an underlying MPLS (multi-protocol label switching) connection to enable data from IoT devices to be transferred directly to the cloud, without the need for a VPN and without sending data over the public internet.
“Our customers worldwide have been seeking a means of better securing their data transfer from connected devices to the cloud,” said Amit Khetawat, Aeris vice president of products. “We know VPNs are costly and still vulnerable to internet traffic jams, and the public internet cannot provide the level of security businesses need. Our answer is Cloud Connect. It is secure, reliable and can be set up in hours,” he noted.
Key Cloud Connect benefits include:
- Superior reliability and security. Cloud Connect offers better uptime compared to VPNs. It also eliminates exposure to the public internet (a point of vulnerability) without introducing another potential point of failure (VPN) into the solution, improving end-to-end reliability and reducing troubleshooting time.
- Faster time to market. Aeris Cloud Connect can be easily configured through a few drop-down menus in AWS in hours, accelerating time to market. By comparison, VPNs take 4-7 days to acquire and manually configure.
- Lower latency and high performance. Cloud Connect’s private infrastructure provides a faster and far more stable connection than the public internet, which is always subject to congestion.
- Cost savings. Cloud Connect provides all of these benefits for less than the cost of comparable services, including VPN.
“Deploying and managing IoT solutions can be complex, requiring businesses to integrate and operationalize components from hardware, wireless connectivity, cloud environment, and potentially many other software stacks,” said Khetawat. “Aeris Cloud Connect is an important step toward bridging the often siloed network and cloud environments, providing material improvements in end-to-end IoT solution performance, scalability and cost efficiency.”
Cloud Connect is available now. To learn more, download the product sheet.